As we all share a common bond of football, regardless of our club, one thing we would all like to be able to do is to predict the future. Now, you can show off your Mystic skills, and also your efforts at playing the fixed odds by participating in Shilts’s Pick 6!
Having given you all the first week free to suss out the teams to watch, the competition will commence next Saturday 14th August.
The rules are fairly simple – I will select 6 games from the Saturday programme. All you need to do is firstly pick Home Win, Away Win or Draw, and then have a bash at getting the scoreline correct.
Here are the rest of the rules in full:
1. Each week of the Football League Season (excluding the first week), Shilts will decide upon 6 fixtures that will make up the picks for that Saturday. In the event of no Saturday games being held (e.g. Christmas, then a designated date around that time will be selected instead).
3. The games will all be (where possible) Saturday afternoon kick offs.
2. Each participant may enter their predictions up until 1 minute before the kick off of the first game. Participants may also edit their predictions via the use of the Edit button on the forum post, however if multiple predictions are made on the thread by a user, only the most recent choices will be entered.
4. Players must enter the following information for each match:
Home Win, Away Win or Draw and then the score.
5. Points can be accrued as follows:
1 point for the correct result (home/away/draw)
3 points for a completely correct scoreline
1 point for the correct home goals
1 point for the correct away goals
This means that a player can get a maximum haul of 4 points per fixture, for a correct result and scoreline.
6. The aim is to try and get as many points per week to feature on the Pick 6 league table.
7. You can enter and leave the game at any time. No cost, no obligations!
8. Scores will be decided as they stand at the end of 90 minutes plus stoppage time. In the event of a cup competition, only normal time will be counted, NOT extra time.
9. In the event of two players being tied at the end of each month or at the end of the competition, the result will be decided on the number of correct scorelines in that period of time.
There will be a monthly winners roll of honour published on Walsall Web-Fans and there will be a prize at the end of the season for the overall winner!
Here are the first set of fixtures for Shilts’s Pick 6! They are all to be played next Saturday 14th August, and you have until 2.59pm on that date to get your predictions in!
Enter your predictions in the following format:
Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Deportivo La Coruna, Home Win, 3-1
Week 1 Fixtures
Bolton Wanderers vs Fulham
Doncaster Rovers vs Bristol City
Sheffield United vs QPR
Bristol Rovers vs Yeovil Town
MK Dons vs Southampton
Aldershot Town vs Southend United
Enter predictions on our message board – http://forum.web-fans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5343
New registrations welcome, as are fans of any team, competition enteries can be your first post!!